1. Hours of work
Unless there are more favourable arrangements for workers, working hours per week cannot exceed 48 hours on average, including overtime hours. The average weekly working time is calculated on a 4 month basis. When calculating the average, the periods of paid annual leave and sick leave are not taken into account.
Working hours must be defined according to the applicable collective bargaining agreement or the agreement between the two parties, except for the categories of professions which are regulated by special legislation, and are the following:
- • For retail employees, the weekly working hours are 38 (maximum employment with overtime can reach up to 46 hours per week),
- • For clerks, messengers or general office employees, the weekly working hours are no more than 44 including overtime hours or 8 hours a day,
- • For workers of mines and quarries, the weekly working hours are up to 40 including overtime hours for work that is performed underground and 44 (including overtime) for work that is performed above ground.
For each 20 hour period, each worker is entitled to at least 11 continuous hours of rest. For each week, workers are entitled to a minimum continuous period of rest of 24 hours.
2. Paid annual leave
3. Time off
5. Termination of employment
6. Process for the submission of complaints for citizens of Cyprus and of Member States
7. Procedure for the submission of a complaint for employees from non-EU nationals