Project co-Funded by Switzerland
"Modernization of the Technical Vocational Training of the Cyprus Productivity Center"
Modernization of the Technical Vocational Training of the Cyprus Productivity Centre.
Thematic Focus / Focus Area
: Human and Social Development/ Technical and Vocational Training.
Short description of the Project
: The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the upgrading of the Technical Vocational Training (TVT) system in Cyprus. To this end, the purpose of the project is (a) the modernization of the technological base for vocational training at the Cyprus Productivity Centre (CPC), the main provider of TVT in Cyprus, through the utilization of state-of-the-art technology, means and training equipment, and (b) the upgrading of the methodological and knowledge base of the TVT of the CPC and the development of its training capacity in areas that meet the needs of the labour market including emerging priority areas in which training is not currently offered.
: The Project consists of the following components:
1) Technical assistance for the development of the tender specifications, the preparation of the tender documents for all the tenders of the project, and for the design, development, and implementation plans of the energy workshop.
2) Development and installation of a TVT workshop, equipped with state-of-the-art training facilities for technical vocational training in renewable energy and energy conservation, at the CPC complex of workshops in Larnaca.
3) Development and installation of two Virtual Reality and Simulation Laboratories in the CPC workshops, one in Nicosia and one in Limassol, equipped with state-of-the-art training facilities, capable of providing training, initially in a defined number of vocations, with a potential for subsequent expansion.
4) Design and development of training packages that can be applied utilizing modern training technologies and methodologies such as virtual reality, IT based software and media for simulation, multimedia and audio-visual equipment, and training aids that support the creation of a real-time, interactive learning environment making use of the infrastructure provided by the three workshops mentioned above.
5) Design and implementation of training of trainers program for the CPC TVT trainers, and their certification.
6) Design, development and installation of an IT based effective management system for the support of the technical vocational training at the CPC.
7) Management of the project including its coordination, implementation, monitoring, and auditing.
8) Implementation of targeted publicity actions to ensure visibility of the Project, and to enhance the positive image of Switzerland to all the beneficiaries of this contribution, the social partners and other organizations with which the CPC cooperates.
The total project cost is 1.882.000 CHF (Swiss Contribution: CHF1.559.700 and Cyprus Government Budget: CHF282.300).
Cyprus Employers and Industrialists Federation (OEB)
Swiss Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (SFIVET)
Duration of the Project and Timeframe for its implementation
: The initial expected project duration was 3 years (36 months).
The Revised project duration is 55 months. The project Estimated completion date is 30/4/2015.
Project Activities 2nd Edition
Project Progress 3rd edition
Directorate General for European Programes, Coordination and Development - Switzerland Contribution
Swiss Contribution to Cyprus
© 2011 - 2019 Republic of Cyprus,
Ministry of Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance
Cyprus Productivity Centre