According to article 45 of the CLP Regulation
all information related to the composition of hazardous chemical mixtures placed on the Cyprus market should be submitted to the Chemicals Registry.
Information is submitted for products classified as hazardous on the basis of their health or physical effects (toxic, harmful, irritant, corrosive, flammable, oxidative) .
The Appointed Body responsible for receiving this information from importers and downstream users placing these products on the Cyprus market is the Department of Labour Inspection (DLI).
All relevant information must be submitted by the suppliers /importers who are responsible for placing their products to the Cyprus Market.
The data must be submitted before the products are placed on the market by filling-up this FORM and send it to the following email address:
- A separate form should be submitted for each chemical mixture (product) classified as hazardous on the basis of their health or physical effects .
- A copy of the LABEL and of the SAFETY DATA SHEET (SDS) for each product should be submitted. Both documents should be written in GREEK.
- All affected companies (suppliers, importers) are urged to fill-in the data and submit the forms to the DLI before placing their products on the Cyprus market.
- The Cyprus Poison Center Number to be included in section 1 of the SDSs is 1401 (currently operating 24 hrs/day, 7 days /week).
- At present, there is no fee associated with this submission.
In case of emergency, these data are forwarded to the Cyprus Poison Center
All information is kept strictly confidential.
From 1.1.2021 all new or updated
information must be submitted online through ECHA's Submission portal
Companies that have submitted / will submit their notifications through the national procedure until 31.12.2020 will be able to take advantage of the transitional period and their notifications will remain valid until 31.12.2024.