|Work Life and EU Enlargement|
|Cyprus selected the Project with title "Risk Assessment at Work in SME’s" for implementation within the WLE Programme.|
The subject of the project came as a result of a national workshop, which took place in Nicosia on 12-13 March 2002. The following factors were taken into consideration in deciding the adoption of the above subject:
- The introduction of the new approach on risk assessment as a legal obligation of employers following the enforcement of the new harmonised to the EU Acquis legislation on safety and health at work.
- The relatively small size of the enterprises of Cyprus, which has as a result, a lower capacity in the management of occupational safety and health issues. During the above workshop lectures were given on risk assessment at work and the Cyprus legislation on health and safety at work was analysed. Furthermore, the proposals for Practical Implementation Programmes (PIPs) were extensively discussed, prioritised and finalised.
The final proposals for PIPs were the following:
- Capacity building of the Organisations of the Social Partners
- On-the-field experience on risk assessment.
- Translation of check lists into Greek language.
| Wlereport.pdf (441,86 Kb)|